Sunday, November 25, 2012

Easy like Sunday Morning..........

I try to plan my garden and the gardens of my clients around the "borrowed view".  Every garden can benefit from the borrowed view. The restored log cabin that I was Blessed to plan the landscaping  and install the gardens, has many borrowed views from inside and from the outside.  There is a glimpse of these views in the October 2012 Southern Living Magazine.  As I tell many, you would have to go there and pause in it, breathe it and experience it to do it justice....particularly the river views.....absolutely breathtaking!!

However back to my humble piece of the world in District Heights, Maryland. While I do not have a river, I do have Camellias.  I wrote shared a photo earlier this year of my red Spring blooming Camellias.  It is just the right color flash for welcoming in the boldness of summer.  In the fall I prefer pink Camellias. The softness of pink, the strength of pink.....pink because I love pink and when this time of the year comes where I am not as active in the garden.  What better way to tease me into the bitter chill that is endured this time of the year than to show me a pink bloom....it has worked thus far :)!!

I have pink camellias blooms that welcome me when I pull up my shade and pause before getting out of bed.  Let me share that there is nothing like Thomas' Limited Edition Cranberry
English Muffins - lightly toasted, Burundi Coffee (Thank You Nathalie), my comforter that reminds me of my dad's hugs, Internet radio (Ambient setting - Stress Free music) and Pink Camellias. I could roll over and make this a very lazy day....but no can do....


 




I have a different shade of pink when I open the other shade to welcome the sunrise...and think about whether or not this will be the day to work on the shade garden clean up......or not....





I have pink camellias welcome me beside my front door when I arrive home after a long day at work.  I sincerely did not work hard at keeping them alive this year in spite of the 100 degree days...but yet, they greet me with their beauty, abundant blooms and open arms. 


One could seriously say that I am in the Pink this time of the year.  No I did not forget the back...I have pink Knockout Roses welcoming me to get outside and finish my fall clean up in the back forty.

 



  After all, it is that time of the year to hunker down with garden magazines, catalogs for seeds, summer bulbs and tubers......if only they came earlier than January.  So for now, I will reminisce about this years garden travels, write all of the things I have been writing in my head and wait patiently for the next season........WINTER........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment