Sunday, May 5, 2013

Getting back to the earth...............

I am still glowing from the events held at the District Heights Community Garden at our Earth Day Celebration two weekends ago.  It is so nice to see folks come out and just have some good fun with great people, awesome take aways and a first time experience for our community .  From the college young people who came and helped with the set up and break down, to the Master Gardeners who were in force to the parents who took the time share the importance of Earth Day to their children by bringing them out for the activities of the day.  As I say - Awesomeness!!!

Now it is time to garden.  I absolutely adore unique things in the garden.  Sometimes the quirkier the better.  I am a traveler...if I could afford to, I would spend my days traveling to see all of the gardens, castles and historic homes in the world. I have to work, so this is not possible at this  time....but a girl can dream...right??? When I was last in Paris, I religiously wore a pair of black boots that I intentionally bought for that trip. It did not matter if I had on a dress, slacks or skirt...I wore my black combat boots as I strolled along the gardens in winter in Paris.  The boots were so worn out, I tried to wear them periodically, but they leaked and made my feet hurt....so I think I wore them out......but I could not throw them away.  So I thought .....I should plant them.  Plant them with something purple, something that has a mind of it's own and something that would not allow me to forget my winter journey of two years ago.  So on Earth Day, the children in attendance assisted me in planting my Paris Boots, so that the journey will remain fresh in my mind.  I have placed these boots at the beginning of my sidewalk so that I pass them everyday.  What joy it is to have the memory of the initial Earth Day celebration in District Heights and of my journey to see the gardens of Paris in their winter nakedness.  Now to plan on seeing them in bloom..............


Here are some scenes from my garden.......





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Make time to enjoy life and find the beauty in all things!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment