Sunday, May 11, 2014

Time for garden tours and imagining....

Saturday I had the pleasure of participating in the Georgetown Garden Tour. 




Although it rained a tad off and on, it was still a terrific terrific day!  The day started out at the Silver Spring Garden Club plant sale. As a member, I volunteered and was tasked with selling raffle tickets to the people who came to shop.  Well I did sell a few tickets, but honestly, the joy was just being there with like minded people.  Not only did I meet new gardening friends, but I won an awesomely lush hanging plant, purchased waaaaaay too many plants for my garden this year, but I also got enough plants to donate to the District Heights Community Garden, on behalf of The Garden Coalition. I believe in giving back to my Community, so I will.

The second part of this truly awesome day was spent in Georgetown at the Georgetown Garden Tour.   If you love manicured boxwood, splashes of color and awesome ideas of what to do in your personal space, this was a tour not to be missed.  I think one of my favorite vignettes was a collection of ferns in an exposed area under a stairway..



.or was it the playhouse under the perfect Magnolia tree....

or was it the mirror giving depth to the pond beneath it, giving the illusion of the garden being bigger....


.or was it the awesome vegetable garden?  




Well, I think Washington Gardener's Owner Kathy Jentz was even thrilled about this garden...


I think that the perfect way to end the tour was chatting it up with Sharon, who sat in the rain looking gorgeous and as we thanked her for allowing us to be a part of her day, she thanked us as well!




As you can tell, I am torn about which was the best one....however after the Capitol Hill Garden Tour on Sunday,  I might be able to decide if I have seen the garden of my dreams for THIS year.....unless it is in my own back yard...I hope you enjoyed this Mother's Day Sunday as much as I did.  More importantly, I hope you got outside to enjoy the gardens and all the beauty that surrounds you....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment