Monday, February 7, 2011

Ah Rain.....

To some this would be one of those days to laze around and do nothing...or prepare for the Superbowl.  Since I am not an avid sports fan for the most part, I welcome the Superbowl.  What better day to go to Homestead Gardens, start peppers, read garden catalogs and see what might need to be addressed in my garden room.  Yes, I still have some bulbs that whisper to me "please plant me...I might even bloom...pot me up and put me outside and I will do my best to show you that I can still be a bright spot in your Spring garden"........so, today is the day. If I get it done today or at least this weekend, then next weekend I could perhaps attend the 2011 Maymont Garden Show in Richmond.  Special pricing on all plant materials on Sunday between 4-5...............HINT HINT.......I love a deal !!!

Southern gardeners, especially Virginia gardeners are a special breed.  Although I am a native Washingtonian, I consider myself a Virginia gardener as that is where I cultivated my passion for gardening, There is nothing me important to a southern gardener than the right floral combinations in a bodacious planter or a front yard garden that commands a second look to passersby.  The pop of color, the structural vision, the varied textures and care is usually always shown in a true southerners garden.  When the garden is naked in the winter, the thought of what it will look like as the seasons change is something that peaks my interest daily.

Home and Garden Show in Upper Marlboro today  through tomorrow....special event at Greenstreet Gardens (new Troll beads buy 3 get one free) as well as gifts for Valentines day.  Make time to get out and at least take a walk...........................off to  Homestead Gardens, Behnke's for seeds and Virginia.  I will take the long way and enjoy the late winter landscape.  I think I will take some photo's to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment