Thursday, January 10, 2013

2013......Spring is.....

Happy New Year!

Last year flew by with amazing speed. My bucket list kept growing but I do not feel I accomplished much. Taking an active role in the upkeep of my 80 year old dad was gratifying and time consuming however, I would not trade it for any experience or plant in the whole wide world. I liken it to planting a seed of gratitude (time spent) and the mature plant is me, armed with a little more plant knowledge, a little more family lore/ tales and a lot, lot, boatload of patience.

Last night, after walking Aminia (world's prettiest Rottweiler) I started getting that feeling. I needed to feel the curves of the trake in my hand, I needed to make sure my Felco's felt the same, I needed to check the bud swell on my Weeping Cherry Tree, Dogwood, Hellebore's .......as soon as I removed the leaves that I was waiting for the wind to blow away from my garden beds. I have not practiced proper garden hygiene and I do apologize to my garden. I started and then life happened - birthdays, holidays, life. So now here we are rapidly approaching Spring and I am antsy, I am ecstatic and I am waiting for that snow that will catch us all off guard right after we mail order that special plant...or bring the truck load of plants and NEEDED items back from The Philadelphia Flower Show....we know this, yet we will do it anyway because we garden, passionate about the art of gardening and there is no other way....

What is Spring.................

Spring is leaving the office at 5:07 and it is daylight outside.....

Spring is watching that haze that encompasses trees to show they are waking up ....

Spring is collecting garden catalogs for late night reading.....and ordering all of the new ones you hear about from other gardeners....

Spring is making lists and acquiring the latest tools, seeds of interest and of course that rare plant you read about...even if you don't make it to The Philadelphia Flower Show.....there are other garden adventures to inspire....

Spring is reading and comprehending the instructions for the homemade rain barrel.....it can't be THAT complicated....

Spring is taking metro to save on gas to... but of course....buy more plants...seeds.....garden necessities

Spring is wondering if the Cherry Blossoms will show off their petticoat like blooms without the rain making them melt....


Spring is making time this weekend to finish that garden clean up that I have thought about since November........guess I can find time to do it now.....as soon as I finish this catalog........

Spring is KNOWING I need a pot overflowing with Datura this year.....just because....

Spring is watching my Brugmansia begin to leaf out in my sewing room......

Spring is watching my Paperwhites stretch in their pot by that sunny window in the kitchen.....

Spring is dreaming about a body oil or perfume called Eau de Spring....rich, earthy scent......

Spring is watching my personal Camellia Show still in progress.......shades of pink of course...

Spring is what I dream about this time of the year. So forgive my giddiness.....I am just feeling Springy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment