Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Garden Sharing..........

I consider myself quite lucky to have the job that I have.  Sometimes it kills me to sit inside when the weather is nice, but it also makes me feel quite fortunate and highly Blessed to have a job....and THEN make time to garden.

The person who owns the company where I work is a Steward of the Land and I consider myself one as well.  I look forward to the gardening season as he shares a bit of the beauty that surrounds him daily.  The past month, he shared daffodils...all kinds, many different heirloom cultivars and oh so fragrant.  It was a pleasure to come into the office and smell that beautiful fragrance wafting through the air. 

Today he brought in some old friends (favorites) of mine.


Arum Italicum and Sweet Pea...........

While Arum Italicum is toxic, the leaf  is just simply beautiful!!!  I had quite a patch of this in my Fredericksburg garden, however I have not welcomed it into my Maryland garden yet...I think I just might have to do so.  I have certainly missed this friend.  What can I say about Sweet peas except that I get great seed every year and then forget to plant them....spring is such a busy time!!!!  However, they are simply beautiful and fragrant and such an old fashioned need for any garden or vase.  I will find those seeds of heirloom Sweet Peas and plant them tonight....just because........


What garden friends do you cut and share?  What is in your garden that you consider a faithful friend ?  I find beauty in all things - even those misplaced plants like Henbit....

Make time to enjoy life and find beauty in most if not all things........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment