Thursday, June 6, 2013

Fragers.......so sorely missed already............


I was deeply shocked, heartbroken and saddened when I drove past Frager's Hardware this morning.  The place where I bought my fragrant Spring Stock plants, my pansy's and my lettuce was a mere shell of it's existence.  When I heard the news on yesterday, I did not or could not imagine the magnitude of the damage.  I did not watch the news last night, however listening to the local radio this morning, informed me that the Fire Department was still putting out hot spots.  When I got a glimpse while driving by...I started to cry.  I could look through the windows, I could smell the leftover smoke in the air and I could sense that a piece of native Washington history had gone up in flames.  What struck me and made me realize the power of imagining or seeing all things beautiful in the midst of the storm was the garden center.  Even after noticing the major damage to the remaining structure, I saw a cart full of flowers and racks of flowers where the garden center was, blooming in all their beauty as they stood solemnly by guarding what once was.........................

Frager's, I do hope that you will rebuild and once again become a landmark not only to the residents of Capitol Hill, but for those us who stop by for a taste of the past and once again provide the needs for today's homeowner........and gardener's as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment