Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring or Not

70% chance of snow on Sunday...Cherry blossoms are itching to put on a show and snow was so NOT  predicted.  I am in mode folks, went to Ginkgo Gardens today to see what was happening.....2 Cimicifuga's,  2 Heuchera's, 1 Leopard's plant and  1Var. Fallopia later...I was bound for home to garden quickly in the quickly escaping daylight.  Needless to say, after walking around to see what was blooming other than the forsythia and hellebore's.... the sky had dimmed .....once again I lost track of my time as I wandered into my garden. Ginkgo Gardens is such a wonderful and welcoming garden center with all of the necessary garden accents and plants that a passionate gardener would want.   If you have not been, it is worth a visit as you will return again and again......

One and a half weeks to go til the Great Southern Adventure to South Carolina.   Ticket for the six gardens and historic homes along Kings Road, purchased, advice on where else to go and a touch of research (Magnolia Plantation ...here I come) and now the hunt for the seasonally appropriate topper is on.  Carol (from the Visitor's Bureau and all the other lady's I have spoken too and hope to meet, have been so gracious and helpful.I understand that it will be beautiful anywhere I go...and then there is the market on Saturday morning!!  I have spoken to a wonderful woman who has created awesome jewelry...I promised to not leave town without some!! Details to follow and more updates on the gardens and shops that I find along this journey!!
TBC.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment