Monday, July 18, 2011

Been awhile...................

Wow...it has certainly been awhile.  For good reason however.  Briefly, I have been to the Low Country, took lots of photos, met some wonderful people, finally had some Shrimp and Grits (real ones), went on garden tours (self guided and created one of  my own in the real people's gardens, went to the market, bought baskets and am trying to figure out how to make it back for the Gullah Festival in October. Ah, if only I could travel to gardens and write about them.....dream job one day..in the meantime..as I post more thoughts and photos from the South, I am mentally on that long plane ride to Paris.  Yep...Paris in November.  One might ask, why then, nothing will be blooming.  Well, as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  A floriferous garden in the springtime is just as interesting as the naked garden in the winter....you just have to imagine the possibilities,  So I have begun the mental journey, in a book I purchased from the Copper Fox in Sperryville (a MUST on a trip to the Virginia countryside) called The Secret Gardens of Paris.......  So...here's a toast to traveling and visiting gardens on this Beautiful Earth.....By the way, The Copper Fox has books, antiques, special finds and they are all just plain old nice people!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment