Thursday, December 1, 2011

Still in Paris and success has been acheived....

Today I had an awesome fun filled day.  I got a visit from a co-worker - MAOH (yep all the way here, the MAOH Detective Agency has tracked me down again) and we will finish this journey with total abandon.  Alas someone to get lost with!!!The mission of the day was to find fabrics and trims. 

Mastering the Metro was not difficult, as I can now do it by myself just remember the number of the line and where it will connect and you will be fine!!!  I had charted this out last night 10, 6, 2 that would lead me to Anvers Metro on the 2 line (see how good I have become with mastering the Metro).  So off we went...first to the Tourism office and signed up for two tours.  Now I had already taken one tour on the tour bus and the bato boat - which was charming and quite informative.  Thank you Ricki Stevenson of Black Paris Tours for recommending this to me.  It definitely highlighted all of the things that one is "Supposed" to see.  Now for those of you who know me, I want to know and see the things that most people would not find interesting, things that people who are native to the area would find interesting...or those off the cuff must sees. 

To do this, I had to chart my own path and just explore.  Two nights ago, I went down the street and made a slight right and just kept walking.  Much to my surprise, there was a bridge.  I wondered what was the bridge for.  As I drew neigh, I saw water...a large body of water and then much to my surprise, there she was.  The Lady, the Eiffel Tower, lit up just for me.  Don't burst my bubble people...I know they light it up every night...but at that moment, at that particular time, I knew that it was lit just for me., a birthday present of sorts.  I dreamt about this moment since I was 16 and now at 53, the heavens presented me with this wonderful gift....seeing the Lady lit up, in all of her glory...just for me.

I could  hardly sleep that night as I could not wait to walk again in the morning to see what else I could discover.

What a Happy Birthday to me....so tired from all the walking I never made it to the jazz club...I just took a very long nap......but it was my birthday so I could do that, right???  After all tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment