Sunday, May 13, 2012

I come to the garden alone.............

Happy Mothers Day to all the Mothers out there. 

I woke up this morning thinking about my Mom and gardening of course.  As a child, I could count on helping her plant portulaca, marigolds and cock's combs (the  large red ones) amidst the roses in the back yard.   I grew up on Eastern Avenue in Riggs Park in Washington, DC.  I am happy to be a home grown native Washingtonian.  Going to the National Mall, the Botanical Gardens and of course the Arboretum.  I am sure that my Dad has photos of the four of us kids posing in front of fountains and gardens throughout DC.   We were the considered the Happy Bunch....and we still are,,,but all of us miss my Mom dearly.  Life as we knew it has certainly changed your perspective on enjoying life, embracing life and making the most of every moment.

I often hum the title of this blog.  It is the title of a song that was often sung at Church growing up.  I also asked that it was part of Mommy's going home service.  As I was walking through my garden this morning, as I do every morning, I actually sung the words.... I come to the garden alone while the dew is still on the roses....I could  not help but shed tears as I could  hear her singing (usually after pinching my arm in Church for misbehaving) these words, as I looked up at her beautiful face. I remember her voice, her touch, her hands and her smell....and of course her pinch.  These are memories that I hold dear to my soul and carry with me everyday. 

I wanted to share with you my walk through my garden alone this morning.  If you know the words, hum them, sing them loudly or simply enjoy my morning with me.......














Now I have GOT to get the plants I purchased yesterday in  pots in the ground and enjoy my Mothers Day!!!!


I LOVE AND MISS YOU MOMMY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment